Re: [NTLK] My Newton Wish List

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 09:33:45 EDT

There is a small box that uses a solar panel to recharge 4 AAs -
perfect for a 2x00. It's small enough that you could double the size
of the solar-cell lid (wire 2 together) and still not exceed the size
of a Newt. And, the panel is not that thick - about 1/4 inch
including the plastic the panel is glued onto..
As you say, you might want to protect the panel from bumps, but the
product I know of does not have any cover at all for them.
I am not sure that a solar panel's trickle could overcharge, but I am
certainly no engineer...