[NTLK] Think Ink Digital Writing System & Newton?

From: John <OceanCity_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 08:39:22 EDT

Just saw an interesting handwriting pen device which writes on paper and
at the same time stores and records your input. I do not believe this
is a Newton compatible device, unless anyone can figure out a way to
make it so ;-)

My interest would be to possibly use this deice to take hand written
notes on paper, then download the file to my newton in some way, then
possibly "recognize" the text once it's in the Newton.

Unfortunately I foresee the following issues which I have no idea how to
work around but maybe someone has some ideas:

1) It's only PC compatible, for now anyway, according to the specs. I'm
totally Mac based but still could force myself kicking and screaming to
fire up an old PC to download from this pen to the PC to create the
file, then over my LAN copy it to my MAC, then sync it to my Newton. Of
course I could sync it to my Newton from the PC as well, so this part of
the equation is not insurmountable.

2) Then, I'm wondering what kind of a file (format, type, graphic, or
what?) might end up in my Newton and if then the Newton could recognize
the input and convert it to text.

3) Just thinking out loud in the event anyone has one of these pens and
can share their experience as to how it might interface with a Newton 2x00.

TIA, John

Here's the link:
<http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?
productID=12532&sk=EC6S1526>