Re: [NTLK] Dashboard for Newton

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 08:44:21 EST

Dana W Cook wrote:
> .img files can be burned to disk using Roxio or Nero or the like in Windows.
> It converts the .img file into a full readable disk rather than the "image"
> of the disk that was originally converted to an .img file.

I wonder if these types of programs should just be extracted and updated
or left extracted.

I say this as I've been consolidating files on my new NAS and every once
in a while I try to look at an older file but I don't have a version
while will read it. So now I have to create a virtual machine and load
tools up there so I can access my older files (the worse offender is
anything written by a microsoft product .doc & .xls). I've also noticed
the same with older versions of acrobat files. And I refuse to believe
that ALL my archives across ALL my systems have somehow become corrupt.

This issue will just deteriorate as time goes on. I realize that by
expanding all of the archives you end up taking a larger space but it's
better than not having access at all.

william