Re: [NTLK] Error 48419 with Mail V

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_Newted.ORG>
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 01:36:00 EST

On Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 9:20 am Dale Raby wrote:

> I'm getting an error 48419, and when
> I close the box, I get another box
> that says "Unknown Newton error at
> 0C681508". I can get rid of it only
> by pushing the reset button.
>
> Any suggestions, or should I go back
> to Eudora?

Yep!

Sorry, I can't help you. Just to let you know I also see the same sort of
things.

I see a consistent problem when I minimize the Mail V status dialog box (to
flashing star) and Mail V then opens new dialog boxes. For some reason,
Mail V doesn't realize that the dialog box is minimized and creates
multiple boxes that can't be closed (only STOP available). Pressing stop to
close them results in errors (-48400) and (-48200). Current suggestion is
to not minimize the Mail V status dialog.

The unknown errors I will usually see when certain messages (SPAM) cause
Mail V to hiccup while receiving. Yes, again the error messages won't go
away and/or generate new error messages. I've eliminated Most of the
problem by having good SPAM filters.

Another suggestion is make sure you have plenty of free space available on
your storage card. Mail V will become slow and unstable if you have less
than a Megabyte (1000 K) free. At least, that was my experience with my
28MB card.

Ron

--
Sent with GoFetch and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM