Re: [NTLK] MailV memory usage and POP3 settings

From: R A Parker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 16:59:00 EST

On Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 11:26 am Gary Dunn wrote:

> 3. Using POP3, can I configure
> MailV so that if I leave mail on
> the server, fetch new mail, then
> delete some messages, the next time
> I connect those mesages will be
> deleted from the server? I think
> only IMAP does that.

I'm not sure...

Here's how I do it:

My Mac at home is my main computer. Mail.app will periodically check and download (for archiving) all my mail from my two mail accounts. Various settings and filters are employed at this point to remove the mail from my POP3 servers only after a day and only keep those messages which pass my SPAM filters.

My Newton is set up to download new mail whose dates are less than a day old and whose size is less than 100K, mark them as read and leave them on the server for my Mac to archive later. I've also set up SPAM filters on MyYahoo, Mac, and Newton, to filter out all but the messages I want to receive on my Newton.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
      |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
More processing power than some third world countries.