Re: [NTLK] Introduction & a question

From: Larry Zasitko <l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net>
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 13:47:47 EST

Welcome to the list. I have owned Newtons since the very beginning
(OMP) and the main one I use is a 2100 that I bought just a month or
so before Apple scraped it (or rather Jobs). I also have a 12"
PowerBook 1.33 G4.
I use a program called NCX by Simon Bell (http://homepage.mac.com/
simonbell/connection/). This is a new program that he released only a
month or two ago and right now does not sync addresses but will back
up the Newton and allow you to transfer packages.

I use a USB - Serial (Apple Serial) adapter, a Apple serial to serial
and finally the serial dongle for the Newton.

Other ways are to get the correct ethernet card and network the
Newton with the portable. There is a bluetooth module for the Newton
that might work though I have not heard of anyone that has it working
yet.
On Feb 20, 2007, at 7:12 PM, Steve wrote:

> What are my best options for connectivity? Wi-Fi would be great,
> but my
> network is WEP protected and I've heard that causes problems.
> Bluetooth
> would be a possibility. Of course, USB. Thanks for any thoughts or
> direction on this.

regards
Larry Zasitko
Newton's: OMP, 110, 130, 2100, Emate
Desktop: Apple IIc, Bondi 333, PowerPC 7200
Portable: Clamshell iBook SE Graphite, PowerBook G4 1.33 12"
l.zasitko@sasktel.net