Re: [NTLK] [OT] Carl Sagan Vindication

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 14:33:18 EST

I too wondered how he could have been called a fraud, though I have
personally heard a noted science fiction author or two state "off the
record" that he did not actually write the science fiction novel Contact.
If the story is true, then perhaps that might make him a fraud in one sense,
though ghost writers are common in the industry.
As to your assertion that there IS extra-terrestrial life... well, I have
known Clifford Stone, a ufologist who holds that view as well, since 1977.
Shortly before his book, UFO's Are Real, went to press, he was visited by
someone and warned that there would be a price to pay. His son was murdered
shortly thereafter and nobody was ever brought to justice for it. That
murder is probably the best evidence to support the existence of
extra-terrestrial INTELLIGENCE, and therefore, life, that we are ever likely
to obtain in the foreseeable future. As much as Cliff would like, to,
though, even he can't prove it. Fortunately, the absence of proof does not
constitute disproof.

Stating a religious belief with any real or imagined authority will gain no
friends in any venue. Just ask a certain itinerant carpenter who was
dragged before a kangaroo court and put to death, partially for things that
were never proven simply because he offended the powers that were. Some
things never change.

No human being is worthy of the title hero... even those we call heroes
would agree with that. Carl Sagan was as flawed a human as the rest of us,
albeit smarter than most of us.