Re: [NTLK] [OT] OS X on unsupported macs.

From: Joost van de Griek <jvdg_at_jvdg.com>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 09:55:56 EST

On Jan 11, 2007, at 6:42 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> A fellow MUGger in the group I belong to is running Tiger (10.4.8)
> on his PB
> G3 bronze keyboard. I'm not sure if he's on Lombard or Wallstreet,
> but he
> tells me Tiger actually runs better on it than Panther did.

That's hardly surprising. Newer versions of Mac OS X have all been faster than their predecessors, and both Panther and Tiger offered welcome speed increases on G3 class processors.

On the whole, it's the OS X interface that taxes the machine most, not the OS itself. I'm running Panther Server on a 500 MHz B&W G3, and it runs admirably. Until I log in and start using the GUI, that is.

,xtG
tsooJ