Re: [NTLK] Newton is dead, long live Newton.

From: Keith Johnson <slowendmac_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 12:11:26 EST

On Jan 12, 2007, at 12:11 AM, John Coady wrote:

> Very eloquent, but I beg to differ.
>
> The Newton will not be dead until it is replaced by a device
> (iPhone2, perhaps) that also does HWR. IMO this is a must.

Why?

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just not sure why this is
important. I would think I could type faster, even using these non-
buttons that will require a learning curve, than I can write. Not to
mention having to use a stylus. And my handwriting is pretty good.

I like the iPhone. I think the UI is pretty amazing. I think it has
too many drawbacks in its current form (small HD, "locked" format,
etc.), but I certainly foresee it being something I'd buy down the road.