Re: [NTLK] Still no lovin' from my phone

From: Zachery Bir <zbir_at_urbanape.com>
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 09:17:54 EST

On Jan 23, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Steven Frank wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Zachery Bir wrote:
>
>> When I had each login script set to "Display script activity", the
>> Newt would restart soon after trying to display whatever was going on
>> during a connection.
>
> Huh, that's weird. That may be necessary to diagnose the problem. I
> know this sucks, but have you tried removing/freezing various
> packages to see if you can get the script logging to not restart the
> Newton?

Actually, I've gotten it to a slightly better state. I moved a
variety of packages to internal store (NIE Nitro&Blunt, Neo, Nitro,
Blunt), and at least don't get crashy rebootie when I display the
script activity.

So, some more diagnostics. Watching the script activity, I see the
CONNECT show up, and then good old line noise, but my phone just
spins on Connecting..., and eventually reports Disconnected. I can
keep the connection going by putting a Pause <x> command after the
Wait For CONNECT in my PPP script, and it'll continue getting line
noise for the full <x> seconds before the phone drops. So, I wonder
if it should be waiting for/sending something additional. For anyone
who has knowledge of the guts of the Mac OS X Modem Scripts, I use
Sony Ericsson GPRS CID5, found from <http://www.taniwha.org.uk/files/
SonyEricssonGPRS2006-12.zip>.

Thanks for all your help, Newtonians!

Zac