Re: [NTLK] Newton vs iPhone text entry

From: Thomas Brand (T2) <thomasbrand_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 15:28:55 EDT

Well you really need to try it again for a minute or two longer. The
thing about the iPhone keyboard is that you will never be able to hit
the keys accurately at full speed. Thinking you can accomplish
accurate typing using the iPhone's keyboard will always be its
downfall. You must instead let the iPhone's software do its job and
correct the mistakes you will unavoidably make. On my iPhone I can
type very fast using two thumbs but as I do so I make about two
mistakes per word. The differecne between failure and success is that
I trust the iPhone to correct 98% of the errors. Using the iPhone for
a longer period of time will you allow you to greater appreciate its
typing correction technology and learn to trust it in the future. The
iPhone combines word perdiction with typing correction to make its
limitations of being a virtual keyboard a non-issue, but it takes
extended use for the trust for this technology to develope.

Thomas Brand (T2)