Re: [NTLK] Q: Utility Programs for full copying of flash cards on the Newton

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 10:58:47 EDT

Sonny,
I just had another idea. While a laptop or desktop with a flash card
reader can't read and write a newton formatted card, you CAN make images
of said cards and therefore put a exact copy of it to another card.
This has been discussed before and it is possible. I am not sure of the
software involved but I seem to remember that it was fairly easy using
Linux and I am sure there are tools to do so on the Mac or Windows
platforms. It is something you might want to look into as I would
think it would be faster than using NCU and restore. Another possible
problem might be if the image is 'locked' to a particular sized card.
If it is then this won't work. But perhaps it is something worth
looking into at least.

-Dan