Re: [NTLK] reply doesn't do what you think it does was: Re: NewtonWorld 'magazine'

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 23:57:29 EDT

Eric Sinclair wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2007, at 6:03 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:
>
>> FWIW, William, I just did it again now and clicked the "reply to all"
>> button. If I weren't meaning to reply to the whole list, I now
>> could simply
>> delete the list address and you'd be the only one getting this
>> message. But
>> since I wanted to demonstrate that it works, I regret you'll get to
>> read
>> this twice. Sorry!
>
> FWIW again, if you're using Mail.app, you can context-click the
> author line in the standard header and choose 'Reply to Sender". It
> will consistently do the right thing, sending only to the author.

ahhhhh I didn't know that. I don't use mail.app I'm using thunderbird
but I'm not caring for it to much. but I really want cross platform
mail. then I can have my email on a server and get to it from wherever I
am. I've not seen the compelling part of mail to get me to switch (i
didn't care for what it looked like it was doing with my multiple email
accounts and servers.

anyway on thunderbird you have to select the sender and chose write an
email which does not forward the content of the one they sent.

william

--
-- special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.