Re: [NTLK] accessories & data extraction was:Re: NewtonWorld 'magazine'

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 00:01:51 EDT

Sonny Hung wrote:
> On 3/14/07, William Pociengel <hseldon@my.wgu.edu> wrote:
>> the problem with this stand and most all others is you get to have the
>> newt in 1 of 2 positions. neither of which is conducive to actually
>> writing on. the one i recall allowed you to position the newt in any
>> random orientation. meaning that you could position it where/how you
>> wanted so it could be used easily.
>

> think of something that worked like this:
>> Multi-Purpose Work Center - Model 350
>> <http://www.panavise.com/nf/vises/vises_combo.html>
>>
>> but it held the newt at the corners and didn't have the adjustment
>> screw. I sure wish I'd bought the one I saw in ny but I never figured
>> that shortly after seeing it the newton would be canceled.
>

> William,
>
> If I didn't know better I'd say you were a lost twin or were reading my
> notes.
> I too have searched and the PanaVise was a great solution though TOO costly.

yeah but someone actually made the item I'm thinking of. I saw the thing
on the counter of the newton store in Manhattan, up by the park. I know
it existed and someone somewhere must have seen that thing. if we only
could find some pictures of it. it was well suited to sit on your desk
and hold it just sooo. you could easily write on it (without having to
have your hand way up in the air) such a cool device and it was only
$100 at the time. considering I'd just dropped well over 2 grand in less
than a year for my 2 newtons and software I should have just bought the
darn thing. <sigh>

you know I really should be working on my homework ;-)

william

--
-- special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.