Re: [NTLK] eMate as quick word processor

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 16:33:19 EDT

On 3/18/2007 9:23 PM, Woody Smith wrote:
> I have had good luck sending documents via email, in fact I think it
> is the easiest way.
> If you are new to the Newton you should have a look at the
> wikiwikinewt link at the bottom of each email for methods of
> installing packages (software).
> The eMate is a rugged portable with good long battery life, assuming
> that the battery is in good condition.
>
> Woody

I find serial being the easiest. But if you have your Newt set up to do
email with a fast connection (Wifi etc) then yes that is a easy method.
 For me though I just plug in a serial cable fire up NCU (or X-port
which I personally use more often) and do a transfer. Takes only a few
seconds. It all comes down to which method is easier for you.

But back to the original subject yes a Emate is a great word processor.
 I use one quite a bit. I do recommend getting WriteStuff and
Merlin/Wordsleuth. With those packages installed you have a very
functional word processor that can do all of the important functions
that will be required of it.

-Dan