[NTLK] Problems connecting to AirPort

From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 19 2007 - 18:17:34 EST

Well, it seems I won't be able to use my AirPort base station with my
2100. I have followed all the instructions, entered the equivalent
WEP key in the Wavelan driver, I can't seem to make any connection.
Installed TCPDock, tried to connect with NCX to no avail. Tried to
connect to multiple websites in NetHopper and Courier, websites that
used to work just fine with an Etherwave Ethernet card, nothing. I
see one steady light on the Lucent Wavelan card and the other one
blinks intermittently but no connection is established. This is
really frustrating!
I can however connect with the Keyspan adapter I bought from Owen
Wilson (thanks, Owen!). Can't sync iCal because NewtSync reports that
iCal is too old and that I need at least version 1.5.4 while I'm
using version 2.0.1. I would imagine this is a known problem? Any
cure for it?

My last problem and the reason I wanted to put back my Newton in
service are the notes syncing. The NewtSync can sync notes from
MacJournal 2.x or text files. I'd like to keep my notes on my
Blackjack phone as well but the Missing Sync for Windows Mobile
allows notes to be synced only from the Mark/Space Notebook
application (where notes are stored in a MySQL database from what I
could see) or with Yojimbo from Bare Bones Software. Both note
applications use proprietary format to store their notes, so short of
exporting as text and importing that in the Newton, I guess I'm
sorely SOL? Of course, I could always take on writing an plugin for
NewtSync but I'd rather not do that.

Any other things I might be missing?

Thanks in advance!

-Laurent.