Re: [NTLK] Goodbye

From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 16:10:17 EST

On Nov 27, 2007, at 14:58, Abraham Limpo Martínez wrote:

>> I suppose that, were I to admit it, I hardly use my Newton any more.
>> It makes a good note-taking platform, and is great for calculating my
>> monthly bills (using the 2-column notepad stationery), but I don't
>> carry it out and about with me any more.... However, I find it
>> difficult to pull the trigger in quitting this list. I did it this
>> past summer, due to a super-busy schedule, but it didn't last long.
>> ;-) Maybe you'll hang around here, and pop in on occasion? Well,
>> thanks again for everything...
>>

> It happens the same to me. Due to the dreary support of Spanish in the
> Newton, I stopped trying to get the HWR working and, got back to paper
> not very after. I still have an eMate for scribbling some notes, and
> recently purchased a new battery to make it portable again, but it
> saddens me to se my "newton box of goodies" gathering dust. Yet, I
> still
> read the Mailing List every month or so to see if there is any news
> that
> can rekindle my passion for the Newton.

I have pretty good success writing in French using printing
handwriting. Can write accented characters just fine. I hardly have
to correct what I write. For those tough words, I add them to the
dictionary. Of course, that forces you to write in printing, which
was the way I have been writing, so it was easy for me but might not
be that easy for you.

-Laurent.

--
Laurent Daudelin