Re: [NTLK] Formatting & Erasing Linear Flash Cards

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 00:51:57 EDT

Data corruption is not the same thing as a write error:
data corruption is like a database that used to say "2+2=4"
but somehow got screwed up to be written "2+3=4" --
you can accurately _copy_ that file all day long,
but it will still be "corrupted" and unusable by a program...

On 5. Aug.,`08, at 24:15 EDT, James Wages wrote:

> On 8/5/08 12:49 PM, "Sonny Hung" <sonnyhung@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> It could be that there is some corruption in the data

But as I said previously, I could erase the card on the PC, then write
the
test.bin file back to the card, and the MCE software then ran a
verification
routine. The verification routine showed the checksums of the bin
file and
after the file was written. They matched. If the data written back
to the
card had write errors (i.e., if the PC could not in fact write to the
card),
then the checksums should be different and the write should have failed.