Re: [NTLK] ATA Support (was: Connecting my Newton-Questions!)

From: Don Zahniser <dzahniser_at_rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 18:17:43 EDT

On Aug 12, 2008, at 3:40 PM, RAParker wrote:

> [...]

In my trial of using ATA Support, I wasn't so much concerned at the
relative slowness of ATA, but with two other issues:

1) At least in my tests, the current drain for my MP2100 was doubled
when ATA Support was used, meaning shorter battery life;

2) When I tried to do a backup to an ATA partition, all I got was a
blank slip.

I was using a MMC card - don't know if that would affect these concerns.

  - Don