Re: [NTLK] Connecting my Newton-Questions!

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 19:27:10 EDT

On 8/13/08 1:37 AM, "Sonny Hung" <sonnyhung@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes you should be able to connect using Simon Bell's NCX

If you're like me and want to use a serial cable, keep in mind you may get
lockups when transferring several megabytes of data at once via NCX in OS X
under Tiger. At least, I do. However, when I connect via serial (even at
57,600bps, via patch) with my SE/30 on the patched version of NCU, I never
ever have any transmission failures.

NCX is great for single packages or adding little things to the Newton (when
using serial anyway).

Best,

James Wages