Re: [NTLK] Completely dead eMate... help!

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 22:40:19 EDT

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:53 PM, Tommy Thomas <thomas@lowendmac.com> wrote:
> Yes I have, nothing... even a hard reset does nothing! :-(
> Any other suggestions?

Well I would suggest Franks site for starting reluctant newts.
<http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html>

But I see Woody has already done...

1) have you tried checking the Contrast Slide Control?
Couldn't hurt just in case...

2) I got my Clear eMate 300 with the exact same issue.
No matter what I did it would not boot up.

I would suggest that you try removing the ROM Board and re-seating it. Then
try rebooting it up with the power adapter without the Battery Pack
installed.

Follow Frank's instruction carefully to the 'T' and do it a few times before
giving up.

IF this does not work the last thing I would suggest you try the Flash Dump
Hard Reset. It will require the use of the MP2000/2100 ROM Board and you
should be aware that it will wipe everything so there is no turning back and
hopefully you have a backup somewhere. You will need to Install the
MP2000/2100 ROM Board and power up at least once. Then reinstall the eMate
300 ROM Board and it should power up. Use Frank's instructions and try it a
few times. It took me a few times to get the Clear eMate 300 to finally boot
up but it works fine now.

HTH

--
God bless,