Re: [NTLK] Dead CF Card

From: John Broughton <jdbroughton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Dec 10 2008 - 23:51:12 EST

Scott,
The Newton uses a different file format for storage on an external card and these cards cannot be read on a PC or a Mac using any utility I've ever seen. In addition, the card itself is a "flash" card and not the more common "Compact Flash" cards and, again, cannot be read on a PC or Mac. This has come up from time to time on the list. Try doing a list search for more information. The only way I know to test the card is to try it in another Newton to eliminate the Newton itself as the problem. Past that, your data is probably toast.

Sorry for the bad news.