Re: [NTLK] New Emate network woes

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 13:37:29 EST

On Feb 19, 2008, at 10:38 AM, alastair johnston wrote:

> I have internet dock installed (I think from reading around) and also
> TCP/IP. When I launch dock, I don't see an "Internet" option on the
> connect
> through menu though.

If it is installed you will find it in the extensions folder, it is
named "Internet Dock" If it is installed and not frozen then you will
see "Internet" as one of your options.

> I've even tried using a crossover ethernet cable to connect directly
> with my
> macbook to cut out the router, but still no joy.

Not recommended.

> The only other things I notice are that when I try to connect to the
> router,
> I choose connect on the newt and then it begins loading the various
> packages. Then it says something like trying to connect, and while
> it does
> this, the led on the ethernet cable does not light up, nor does the
> indicator on my router.

If you are not using Internet dock, what application are you using to
access the router?

> It's frustrating as I really want to be able to get these two
> exchanging
> data, or at least allow me to get Newton works documents onto my mac
> for
> final editing.

Have you tried email, this may give you a second way to access the
router, using the internet rather than NCX.

NCX will also connect via serial if you have an usb/serial adapter
with os x drivers, Keyspan is one.