Re: [NTLK] No New Newt [OT]

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 22:40:32 EST

I believe the new part comes from the ability to use the other drive as
if it were local. irrespective of windows or mac on the other end. that
is new, for built in capability. the part that seems to be missing is
the ability to use the remote drive to PLAY optical disks. it doesn't
sound as if that will work.

Thomas Brand (T2) wrote:
> When it comes to installing software on the MacBook Air from another
> computers optical drive this feat was first made possible on a Mac

> On Jan 17, 2008, at 6:11 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
>
>> So yeah...Apple's idea is nice..but it's a bit of "been there, done
>> that".
>> Again, Apple takes an already been used idea, repackages it into a
>> nice sleek package and calls it "new technology". In fact, what
>> Apple is proposing is something that I have been doing in almost
>> every job I've had since 2001! I'm not impressed.

you have been wirelessly using remote optical drives, cross platform
since 2001? cool I didn't know that was a possibility at that time much
less that it was built in to the os. I learn something new every day.

william

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.