Re: [NTLK] [OT] Yet another Mac question

From: <sjf_at_myfanwy.com>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 17:03:36 EDT

> On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:18 AM, Matt Howe wrote:
[...]
>>. When it crashes, it
>> just
>> freezes. No funny screen image or error message, it just stops
>> responding to mouse and keyboard. My guess is possibly bad memory?
> Possible, but doubtful. You could double check the CPU temperature
> and make certain that's cool enough. Perhaps the PC case isn't
> moving enough air or in the proper locations?

I agree with Martin. This sounds very much like a temperature related
problem.
Indeed it is exactly what would happen with an overheated CPU.
Air movement is a significant consideration in Apple's internal case
design, so DO ensure that you are cooling the system adequately. Another
thing to consider is the heatsink. Could you have knocked it ? If all else
fails, try reseating it and refreshing the heatsink compound.

-Simon