Re: [NTLK] Yet another article about failed technologies

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 03:35:56 EDT

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Ed Kummel <tech_ed@yahoo.com> wrote:
> But with a twist!

you know, just this past weekend, I was looking at my Duo 280c, and
thinking how close it was in size to my wife's eeePC. Lots heavier,
but it was a tiny laptop--and is. I used to use a Duo 230 as my
carry-around. It fit in my briefcase, leaving tons of room for my
books and papers, and weighed less than 4 pounds, IIRC. I loved its
tiny size. It's a shame Apple doesn't have anything that small and
light today--yeah, I know about the MBA, but at 13.3" on the screen,
it's still too big for what I want. I'm seriously thinking either an
MSI Wind or a Nokia tablet. Advantages of each are probably known to
all, as well as their disadvantages. ;-) (BTW, no Windows on that Wind
for me!)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland