[NTLK] 2010 Fix Alpha Testers Needed

From: Eckhart Köppen <lists_at_40hz.org>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 03:11:54 EDT

Hi,

I'm looking for alpha testers for the low level 2010 patch
(<http://40hz.org/Pages/Newton%20Year%202010%20Solution>) for MP2100 US.

The fix comes with two caveats:

1) It can render your Newton useless, and getting it back to live requires
either swapping in a German MP2100 ROM board, or sending the Newton to me.
2) It can still exhibit the same or similar symptoms like the original
2010 problem, and more specifically might require a brain wipe to get the
Newton back to normal.

The first risk is quite low but exists, however the idea is to ensure that
the second item is clarified with this testing.

If you are interested and not put off by the problems, let me know.

Eckhart