Re: [NTLK] Sloup 2.2h2? (And Newton cloud sync)

From: Mr Jonathan Dueck <jonathandueck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Aug 20 2009 - 10:53:07 EDT

Thanks much, Greg!

--- On Thu, 8/20/09, Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG@aafes.com> wrote:

> From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG@aafes.com>

<snip>

> I found myself using EE Transer, a term program that allows
> you to transfer straight up as X, Y, or Z Modem.  To me
> that seemed more seemless.
>
> There is Note transfer for text documents.  Loved that
> one.  A portal on the Newton side and the Mac (or PC I
> believe) and you just drag text into the portal on the
> desktop and it sends to the Newton.  Just awesome.

Neat! Is Note Transfer on UNNA? Googling at site:unna.org gets me "SOAP Notes" :).

My interest in Notes2Notes is in connecting Evernote with the Newton, because I can use Outlook to easily retrieve all of my current Evernotes, since Evernote serves them up as IMAP. (That's true for the Newton too, I guess, with Mail V, but I'm not 100% sure it'll work with Evernote's IMAP server and I am sure that my 1000 notes on Evernote don't all need to arrive on my Newton. :) ).

Also wanted to mention that, for anyone else interested, Steve Weyer contacted me just about right away and pointed me to the following spot for Sloup 2.2h2, the version of Sloup compatible with Super Notepad (and Notes2Notes):

http://saweyer.freehostia.com/newton/regsloup/pkg/slrp22h2.pkg

Cheers,
Jon