[NTLK] Update eMate 300 - Screen Issue etc. - wanting to buy a fixed up eMate

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 24 02:44:26 EST 2009

Hello,

--- On Wed, 12/23/09, Timothy Chaten <tchaten at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone out there has an eMate in pretty
> good condition with the hinge/screen cable issues fixed up and a battery
> tray replacement installed that they would be willing to sell.

Have you thought about opening up your own eMate, first, if only to take a look inside?

I ask because, if nothing else, it sounds like the eMate you got is in good cosmetic condition.  Considering the only eMates you'll find nowadays are going to be in used condition, it might be worth repairing the one you already have.

Please take a look at Frank Gruendel's step-by-step eMate disassembly page:

http://www.pda-soft.de/body_emate_disassemble.html

...and decide for yourself if it's something you'd want to tackle or not.

Best,

James Fraser