Re: [NTLK] Reflex Software

From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 15:36:03 EST

Funny you should mention that you keep OS9 just to use SoundJam :-D
 From Wikipedia:
SoundJam MP was a Mac OS audio player published by the now-defunct
Casady & Greene. The program was written by Jeff Robbin, Bill Kincaid,
and Dave Heller.
Early in 2000, Apple Computer's Charles Wiltgen approached Panic Inc.,
developers of SoundJam competitor Audion, attempting to set up a June
meeting "to talk Audion future directions." Because Panic was caught
up in negotiations with AOL, the meeting never took place.[1]Turning
to Casady & Greene, Apple purchased the rights to the SoundJam
software in a deal covered by a two year secrecy clause. [2] All three
developers continued developing the software for Apple.
On January 9, 2001, iTunes 1.0 was released. Macintosh users
immediately began poking through iTunes's resource fork, where they
discovered numerous strings and other resources that indicated iTunes
was a re-engineered SoundJam MP. Casady & Greene ceased distribution
of SoundJam MP on June 1, 2001 at the request of the developers.[3]

So, iTunes is basically an evolution of SoundJam. Even the original
developers at the time went to work for Apple...
-Laurent.

--
Laurent Daudelin
AIM/iChat/Skype:LaurentDaudelin 				http://nemesys.dyndns.org