Re: [NTLK] Desperately seeking connection (MessagePad 2100)

From: David Neale <david.neale_at_telenet.be>
Date: Sun Feb 22 2009 - 16:07:12 EST

I can't get any wireless Internet connection at all with my MP2100,
with or without encryption. Going through the same Airport, I connect
wirelessly and effortlessly using a PowerBook under Leopard and an
iMac under Tiger. I assume that that means the problem is more MP-
related than Airport. I find the -48404 error when attempting the
Ethernet manual connection particularly disturbing. As for attempting
a DHCP connection, after about thirty seconds of the "Connecting" tab,
it just reports that it has "Problems connecting," and that the "DHCP
server is unavailable or unable to configure for this device."

There are so many setting is so many different places, it is difficult
to keep track of them all, of course, and the only site I know (knew)
of that clearly provided them has unfortunately disappeared (I used
that sit several years ago to set up the connection when I was living
in Belgium).

David