Re: [NTLK] Letter from Steve Jobs

From: randolphin's palm pilot <randolfn_at_wavecable.com>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 19:19:54 EST

Hey Tony,

I was a beta-tester for fitaly on the palm and am pecking out this email
out on a Palm TX with the fitaly keyboard. My feeling about the keyboard
have gone steadily downhill as the palm hardware got more problematic for
the fitaly programers. The TX's touchscreen is flakey and makes even
Palm's keyboard and grafiti hit and miss. To get fitaly to work on the TX
reguires a special "skin." My guess is that with the newton's much better
touchscreen fitaly would work well. I tend to use it just for short notes
or emails.

That being said, I've never wanted or used fitaly on my Newton because the
handwriting recognition works so well for me. And, on my TX, the external
keyboard is the best text entry system I have found. I think fitaly has
alway been available as trialware. Give it a whirl.

cheers,

Randy
___

"The surest way to corrupt youth is to instruct them to hold in higher
esteem those who think alike than those that think differently"

 NietZsche