Re: [NTLK] too Quiet on the List(Pippin)

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 00:59:52 EST

Hello,

--- On Sun, 1/11/09, Ken Whitcomb <ken@imageguild.com> wrote:

> My recollection from the article was that Verizon didn't dismiss the
> opportunity out of hand, but had worked for a period of some months
> before they walked away. I'll have to dig that issue up to see if I'm
> correct. If that was the case, it might have been the combination of loss
> of control, cost, and engineering challenge that they didn't want to risk
> not delivering on. That's just speculation on my part though.

Hmmm, interesting. Yes, please do post back if you can find that article.

The whole "Why AT&T?" question was the subject of endless discussion and speculation at the time of the iPhone's release. I remember there being a great deal of hand-wringing by Verizon (and Sprint) customers that the network they were still under contract to wasn't going to carry the iPhone.

It would be nice to know just how close Verizon did come to carrying the iPhone.

Best,

James Fraser