Re: [NTLK] Typical Newton Third Party Apps

From: Borja Robles Maldonado <borjarm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 31 2009 - 01:21:11 EST

It could be easier if this list had a poll system (I donıt know if itıs
possible). Youıre talking circa 1998, so wifi and bluetooth donıt count, and
even othe homebrew apps.
I think of apps that enhanced the Newton cappabilities to the top or a must
have ones. For me, these are:
* Dashboard from Fivespeed (for the ­start menu lookalike-, switching
between apps, Gestures and scripting).
* Dateman by Standalone (others may cite Timetrax or Moreinfo, but Dateman
has more customizable options. For me the best PIM).
* Newtscape by Steve Weyer (best browser with newton book creator).
* MailV by Simon Bell (best mail app).
* HeapMagic (It solves the problem with the installed scripts that stayed
occuping heap. It brought me more than 20k of free heap).
* Quickfigure spreadsheet.
* Aviıs backdrop (with lot of info, support for backdrop buttons and most
important a wallpaper).
* SuperNotePad by Standalone (better notepad).
There are more on my system, but these are the best for me.

-- Borja Robles
Málaga (Spain)
MessagePad 2000
iMac 24", Leopard 10.5.6