Re: [NTLK] Battery tray "replica" - is there interest?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 20:17:51 EDT

Keep in mind that some people have had problems with the newton dying
due to fast charging batteries due to age of the circuity and no longer
charge batteries in the newton for this reason. While I haven't lost a
newton, I don't charge batteries in the newton due to this. It only
takes a second to swap trays or batteries. Also easier in the long run
as you don't have to keep rebuilding battery packs. But as they say, to
each their own.

-Dan

On 7/8/2009 7:39 PM, Stephen Rudy wrote:
> I am interested.
> Cost would have to be <$35+shipping for me to consider it because that is what I can pay today for the old original sleds.
>
> Nimh only battery trays would be really handy. Keep the internal charging ability, but save me from rebuilding my pack.
>
> Sure, "considerable" care would be required to keep you from putting alkaline batteries in the nimh holster and then blowing them up in the Newton when it tries to charge them.

*snip*