Re: [NTLK] Cellular modem and phone-to-modem questions

From: Richard Plume <rplume_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 09:46:32 EDT

Yes, there was at least one of which I was aware - Sir Chris Bonington's
1997 assent of Sepu Kangri in Tibet. He used an Agfa ePhoto 307 digital
camera, a Newton 130, Tibet software and a Mobiq satellite phone to get
photos to a web site for people to follow the climb in real time. Amazing
for it's time. It should also be noted that this is the expedition for which
the Tibet software was developed.

There used to be a really good article somewhere on the web, complete with
photos, of the setup he used, but I can't find it anymore...

More info can be found at: http://www.bonington.com/welcome.htm and
searching for Newton. Or try Googling with the keywords: 1997 Bonington Sepu
Kangri Newton.

Rick