Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iPhones/iPhone OS 3.0

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 - 04:26:59 EDT

Hello,

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Ed Kummel <tech_ed@yahoo.com> wrote:

> But I also the Tilt has a user replaceable battery, so I
> can afford to kill my battery without loosing my phone...All
> I have to do is pop in a new one at my local AT&T store
> and I'm good to go!

Just for laughs: have there been any indications that Apple might be inclined to include a user-replaceable (although I suppose "swappable" is the word I really want) battery in future iterations of the iPhone?

Perhaps I'm the only one who feels this way, but the fact that owning an iPhone means that I'm tethered to a charger of some kind (vs. simply swapping out batteries) has been, and remains, a deal-killer for me.

I don't know how this is going to sound, but my iPod spends far more time on the charger than it does in my bag due to its built-in battery* and that's not a quality I'm eager to see duplicated in any phone I would own.

Best,

James Fraser

*Yes, I have one of those devices that allows you to use AA batteries, but the form factor it creates upon installation is perfectly awful.