Re: [NTLK] eMate overclocked

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 00:50:08 EDT

> To avoid data loss when I switch speeds I am putting it to sleep
> first, which I believe forces a save.

Well, sort of, the Newton is always running. To save power they can
either halt the processor and have it wake up periodically on an
external interrupt, or sleep the processor shutting down a bunch of
internal stuff and make it run slower.

As for saving, the object system makes sure that everything is always
compact and safe. The soup gurus will know this as inserting. Very
little caching goes on. Caching leads to corrupted soup.

Andrei