Re: [NTLK] later...

From: D. R. <mrramsay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed May 06 2009 - 14:33:02 EDT

I echo Greg's comment below. Got my first Newton (used 100) in '95 and went from that to a 110, then 130, finally a MP2000. Since then I've owned (3) MP2000's, an eMate, various accessories (Orinoco Silver card, x-jack modems, dongles, etc) software, and a MP2100 (still functioning and in good shape).

I think Apple was way ahead of it's time with the Newton (I'm sure all of agree), and I fell in love with everything about it. Like Greg, I still power it up, use it occassionally, but mostly remember the glory days and all the fun I had with it.

I particularly like seeing the advances made (still) for the platform. I have YET to make mine an NPDS server (to me, the ultimately coolest use for the Newton)....I still hope to, if I ever get around it. The latest WiFi capability is good news.

I'm the owner of the Newtonium 62 Messagepad Nanospace page on Geocities: http://www.geocities.com/newtonium62/frontpage.html The page is WELL dated, but I'll always have a fondness for the Newton. I have a few items for sale, pics are on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrfresh/sets/72157594196758952/

Some items are now gone via two previous sales on this list. If you see anything u may like, let me know...I'll check to see if I still have the item (only items not for sale are the MP2100, aluminum styli and the Orinoco card).

This mailing list has a ton of great folks on it, it always has.

Keep the green!

Doug