Re: [NTLK] Speech Recognition

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 17:26:31 EDT

Newton, handwriting vs. speech.

So after another week with MacSpeech Dictate, I would never want to be without speech recognition. The only drawback is being limited to quiet environments. It's great having a stylus, but would be even better to be able to choose between speech input or stylus input.

At any rate, I am going to give the guys over a MacSpeech Dictate the DNS Newton beta and see if they feel like playing around with it. It would be cool if someone could tweak that program and make it 95%+ accurate. I expect nothing to come of this, but, hey, it's all about furthering the Newton platform... or at least dreaming about it.

All the best,

Ryan