Re: [NTLK] New Sony eReader PRS-600: Newton/Kindle Killer?

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 04:35:32 EDT

Hello:

I may have a fairly extensive review coming out on the PRS-600 (Sony's touchscreen eReader).

After a few weeks with it, I really like it. There are things I miss about the Newton, like the handwriting recognition, and intelligence/power of the Newton OS...

However, it is a pretty compelling device. Reading on it is a very good experience and the slim form factor is excellent.

The only trouble is lighting. The lower the light, the worse the reading experience. They make a case with built in light that I will likely have to get.

But in direct sunlight, the eInk display is amazing.