[NTLK] Ebooks for OS 1.2

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 01:15:13 EDT 2010

Look here.
<http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/development>
For the Mac version you will need Classic, OS 9 or earlier.
I used to use Newton Press, but when it became too much trouble to run
Classic I began using NewtsCape.  bit of a learning curve.

Look here for some tips.
<http://web.archive.org/web/20080117032621/tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/HowTo

A newton book is text that has been formatted to be displayed as  a
Newtonbook with specific parameters and features such as size of page
and table of contents.  It's the page size that causes problems.

With a Mac you can view the contents of a Newtonbook with Textedit on
a PC I'm sure there is a way.  In fact you could clean it up and use
one of the book makers to create the type you need.

Paperback creates a form of book from text.  Many people like it for
its simplicity.

Woody