[NTLK] ipad

Sonny Hung sonnyhung at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 09:31:56 EST 2010

Gosh, I'm not sure why people are so harsh in their opinions at times about
the iPad just out of the gate. I'd want to get my hands on one and just play
with it to see what it's true usefulness would be.

Let's take a look at a simplistic overview on this subject of the iPad.

The iPad is just the next evolutionary step past the iPhone & iPod Touch.

The  iPhone & iPod Touch have already broken ground and in some ways they
are doing what the Newton tried to do. Used for Check-Out at Apple Stores,
for Museum Tours, for the Academic setting it's been tested and has proven
to encourage engagement of students in learning.

The future of iPad has just begun. I can foresee that there will be many
possible applications within the restrictions of the hardware, but it
doesn't limit us truly. Some things we will have to wait for while  others
might just be around the corner.

If I were to compare the iPad and Newton I would not particularly focus on
what one device can or can't do. I'd say that both devices have common and
uncommon ground regarding it's use. The features and ways to do something
differ and are the same bearing in mind the nuances.

I see that Apple in bringing the iPad out now is reinforcing that Touch is
the way to go for mobile devices. Some things are just better suited for
certain situations.

MONEY is the reason Apple put this out. So the App Store is important. Just
remember this is changing the way people do things. It may seem innocuous
but it's going to have major impact on us and the future. Let's just see how
things play out and enjoy it if it's useful for us.

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family