[NTLK] QuickFigure / Spreadsheet questions

Mike Rodgers pmiker at copper.net
Sun Jan 31 09:15:01 EST 2010

I have an MS-Excel workbook comprised of several worksheets that I have
d/l'd to my Newton for use in QuickFigure.  While the the
workbook/spreadsheets work in OpenOffice Calc, Excel 5 and the current
version of Excel, they are a bit too complex for QuickFigure.  Here's a
scenario

Worksheet A contains formulas for costs like:
A                                       B                     C
         D                     E                     F                  G
*Ingredient* 	*measure* 	*weight (oz)* 	*ingredient cost* 	*purchase
cost* 	*purchase qty* 	*measure/qty*
Yeast 	tsp 	0.11 	$0.04 	$5.50 	1 lb 	144

In this case, D2 = E2/G2.  D2 is assigned the name/alias of yeast.

Worksheet C contains recipes with rows like:
A                           B                  C               D
yeast 	tsp 	2.50 	$0.10

In the above example, D1 = SUM(C2*yeast)

Quickfigure does not like this.  I have tried to use the LINK function
to substitute for 'yeast'.  I have tried every way I can think of.  The
documentation says I can link between worksheets.  Has anyone used the
link function in an equation and if so, how.

Thank you,
Mike Rodgers