[NTLK] Email To Newton Talk: Mac Fitering And Encryption

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Tue Jun 14 17:10:55 EDT 2011

MAC filtering can be bypassed if you know what you are doing.  It does
keep out causual but not the determinated hacker.

One thing you might want to check most WEP systems allow for a simple
"seed" key.  This is used to generate the full key which is very long.
Are you using a seed key or the full key?

I know I have had issues with getting a Newton online.  Sometimes the
setup becomes corrupted and it is best to just clear all settings and
start over.  Also if I remember right it could just be your email client
and that is all you need to clear the setttings for and start over
rather then NIE's keys.

-Dan