[NTLK] Weird Firefox behavior: Please do a test for me

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Thu Jun 23 17:42:46 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

Could you please go to

	<http://www.pda-soft.de/scratch/test.html>

with Firefox and select the text in the second line (as if you wanted to
copy it to the clipboard)?

I'm using FireFox 4.0.1 on a PC running Windows XP. On my computer this
browser uses 50% of the CPU time for as long as the text is selected. If I
unselect it, it uses next to 0%. The longer the page is, the more CPU time
is used when this line is selected.
What a very weird problem. This doesn't happen with IE, Opera or Chrome.

If you are using Firefox, could you please test this for me and let me know
the outcome off-list? I'd also need to know which FireFox version you used
and under which OS.

Thanks a lot

Frank