[NTLK] Internal WiFi Project

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sun Apr 17 10:27:40 EDT 2016

> On Apr 17, 2016, at 2:20 PM, Jake Bordens wrote:
>

> I believe the serPortSel pin is connected to the enable pin of the on board LTC1323.  It is really used for more than just port select, it is used to disable the LTC1323 (for power saving)?  If I recall, the default state of the Ser0 channel is set to "internal modem board" as a means of disabling the driver on the main board.  When you open the port in software, the OS consults the power registry, and determines that the onboard driver is needed and powers it up.

If that was all there is, then why should the SER-001 override the LTC on the main board? If no SER is installed, the internal LTC connects vie the cable and all is fine. If the SER is installed, it seems to get priority over the main board LTC without any user action. But how?

> If I recall, this does not occur on Ser3, because there isn't an onboard driver, and hence no reason to keep it disabled.

Yes, that is true. In the prefs on the Einstein ROM version, I can set "Internal Modem" as a connection choice together with serial and PCMCIA port. On my physical MP, this option does not appear! It could have been so easy.