[NTLK] Internal WiFi Project

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Sun Apr 17 11:05:50 EDT 2016

>If that was all there is, then why should the SER-001 override the LTC on the main board? If no SER is installed, the internal LTC connects vie the cable and all is fine. If the SER is installed, it seems to get priority over the main board LTC without any user action. But how?

I just checked with a meter, the SER-001 board routes the SerPortSel0 signal directly to the shutdown pin on the SER-001's LTC.  Based on this, it seems to me that the board does not actually obey the SerPortSel pin, rather it duplicates the same circuit on the MLB.  I'm not sure how this works specifically, because that means you could have two drivers on the same RX pin.  Maybe they're open collector or something I don't know.

Has anyone actually run the test with both SER-001 and the interconnect port at the same time?  Not sure if that’s a good idea because of the potential of having two LTCs driving the same inputs.

>Yes, that is true. In the prefs on the Einstein ROM version, I can set "Internal Modem" as a connection choice together with serial and PCMCIA port. On my physical MP, this option does not appear! It could have been so easy.

Did you try running something like:

	AddArraySlot(GetGlobals().ModemLocations, {title: "Modem", id:"mdem"});
	AddArraySlot(GetGlobals().ModemLocations, {title: "Extra", id:"tblt"});

I've got a little pkg that runs these lines in the InstallScript. (For a limited time) you can find here:

	https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1704518/Modem%20Enabler.pkg