[NTLK] nbk in the new millennium

Elias Basse kd5jfe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:11:52 EDT 2018

Pawel,

I did some experimentation on my (much faster) computer that was at my
office and it appears that it needs a slower CPU Cycle Count (my home
cpu has some limiting software installed that I forgot was part of this)

Since this was a fresh install, it did not have the slow CPU software
and experienced the same issues of freezing.

I have calculated and tested a few things and may have a solution to add
to the installer to limit the cpu that the program can use to 1 or 2 %
(which would be about 200 or 300 MHz on a modern CPU in single core mode).

I will re-visit the software end of this and work on a new installer
that includes the slowdown application to limit the speed at which the
NCU program runs.

In the mean time, you can try using the software program below, which
will allow you to slow down the NCU application on your computer.

http://mion.faireal.net/BES/

It is a workaround, but pretty much natively runs on windows 10 this has
a nice CLI option that I should be able to integrate into the installer
and make it do everything for you when installed.

Best Regards,

Elias