[NTLK] Use a Raspberry Pi to connect the Newton to the Internet

Newtonhonk mail at newtonhonk.de
Mon Apr 13 15:35:00 EDT 2020

I am currently playing around with a raspberry pi to pickup my wpa2 wifi and route it via ethernet to my eMate/2100.
I also attached a powerbank to the pi, so I can sit in the garten and write mails.
It is really the travel back in time. It took 9 minutes to recieve 16 mails from newtontalk. bit it works!

The system is really in an early stage and far from beeing professional. I am only an electric amateur.
There are some pictures on my homepage and a short tutorial on my homepage:
https://newtonhonk.de/tools/raspberry/

The future plans are to my use of the GPIO buttons, maybe setup an ftp server.
I am also looking for already existing devices. there are similiars retro setups.

Maybe there is some interest. I could setup a github. maybe one could also just use a raspberry pi zero and put it in an emate.

This project is total nonsense. But I feels so great to open the emate, connect to the internet, get 1-2 coffee, read and write mails, connect to the internet and send, drink another 1-2 coffee and switch off the emate.

Cheers Christoph
(written on my eMate, newtonhonk.de)